Friday, April 9, 2010

'The Narcissus's are Nice'


Narcissus's also know as Daffodil's are in full bloom around this time of the year. 

So of course I had to break out my camera and take a picture of this yellow beauty!

Although a lot of us are draw to it because its eye popping color. 

I'm drawn to flowers not solely for their colors but their elegant shape and form. 

This is why I choose to make these pictures black and white. 

I believe color can distract us from what is also beautiful.  

So, hopefully  you will find this photos as beautiful as I do! 



Fun Fact about Narcissus's:

Did you know that ancient Greeks believe that plant originated  Narcissus 

Vain youth?   Narcissus died after falling in love with his own reflection in a pool of water.

The Greeks believe a flower was from his remains. 

You  must admit he did make a beautiful flower :P

No comments:

Post a Comment